4/12/2007

Why do I do these things.....

Last Friday night I was trying to move my trash can from under the sink to a different cabinet. A small cabinet that was just for the trashcan, so trash would be all over the other things in the cabinet.

Anyway, I decided on which cabinet and measured and went and bought a board to make the wall in the cabinet to keep the trash in it's place. So I start to cut the section of shelf I want out. and of course it's nailed to the back wall, I get that out. Then I can't get if off the side. I start banging and cussing...it's now 12 midnight. Still can't get it off the outside wall. Finally I got pissed off and just ripped out the whole cabinet.



Yes folks, at 2 am Saturday morning....I ripped a kitchen cabinet from the wall--in anger no less. Then about 4 hours later that same morning I was at Lowe's getting the cabinets I needed to replace the old one. I got two, one for trash and one for other stuff.

(aren't they pretty??)



Came home, and shoved them under the old counter. I can't get them all the way back because they support for the counter is nailed in and I don't want to nail anything into the cabinets just yet....So I am now in the middle of a new project that I wasn't really wanting to start on my own. I actually wanted to hire contractors to do the kitchen---but I guess I screwed that one up. I am going to wait till I get all the cabinets in to replace the counter top. Hopefully by then I will be able to get a contractor in here to do that part. But knowing my luck--the sun will be shining and there won't be a contractor in site.

The next ones to go are these.....


Who the heck would make the top cabinet as deep as the bottom one...You have no real usable counter space...it just becomes a storage jungle. I want to put a 18" 4-drawer section and a 12" or 15" cabinet on the bottom and I am thinking one of those ceiling pot racks.....don't know just yet, I just want to be able to use the counter top. I would really like that to be like the "cutting board" area...but they don't make cutting boards that slide out anymore because they are unsanitary. So maybe I will just have a huge one made!!

Ya know....If I had a boyfriend....none of this would be a problem....cause I wouldn't of been in the kitchen on a Friday at midnight with a hammer.....

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the weather keeps up I may know a good contractor that could help u out. He's going broke sitting around waiting on the weather to get better.

4/13/2007 4:22 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Christ that's a mess. Good luck!

4/13/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Want to come over and work on my house? Goodness Gracious woman, you're one handy lady!

4/14/2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger mama said...

WOW! I love the new cabinets - so much better than the old ones! When do you plan to tile the floors??? LOL

4/15/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

If you get them in successfully, I'll let you come and change mine out.

You should order from IKEA. I LOVE their cabinets! I found my dream kitchen!

4/15/2007 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...all this carpentry talk is turning me on.

Make me a pretty bookshelf PB?

4/16/2007 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home