12/27/2006

Eye Rolling Day (actually tear filled eyes day)

(I do have Christmas pictures...
but I'm at work and they are at home and the computer isn't fixed yet.......
but I will get them posted)
My mom called around 10 am and she was back from her dermatologist appointment. Right before Christmas she had a "oil sack" removed from her forehead and had to get the stitches out today. Good news, it is healing great...bad news....it's skin cancer not an oil sack. She had two more removed today around her nose.
Then as I was getting off the phone with her, my other line rang. It was my dad and he was crying. I can't even remember the last time I actually heard my dad cry and I knew he was crying. He asked if I knew about mom and I said yes. Then he asked me to teach him how to run the washer and dryer. I, of course, asked why and he said cause he had to wear dirty clothes to work today because she just can't do it anymore. I told him I would start going by at lunch and starting a load and putting one in the dryer and stopping by after work to do another. Then he told me that they've been going thru the bill together to pay them, but she hasn't been paying them like they discuss when they go thru them--she keeps getting confused. They almost got their life insurance cancelled. So I need to devise a system to do that too.
While I was at their house during lunch I checked out their freezer...it's all Schwan's stuff. I guess she doesn't or can't cook anymore. So I am now surfing for freezable meals that I can make for them that is more than just one food group. I'm also thinking that if I rearrange my work schedule, I can get off at 4pm and get dinner fixed for all of us and taken over to their house so it will be ready by 530pm ish when they normally eat. Except Mondays, when we have basketball practice then they can frozen dinner it. Which wouldn't be bad cause that's what we do... I looked in their hall closet there must be 20 tubes of toothpaste...I think I need to take over the shopping too. Need to talk to dad about those things.
I did call my brother on my way at lunch and actually got to talk to him. I told him what was going on and he actually seemed concerned. I told him about dad and the crying thing and told him he needed to call dad at work. I really hope he did.
Now before I have a tear fest at work......I guess I am done for now......

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really feel for you, I know that cannot be an easy thing to deal with, but at least you can be there when they need you. Sounds like you already have a plan to make things better but I hope you don't run yourself down in the process. I wish I could be there to help.

12/27/2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

I am so sorry hon...

12/27/2006 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way that is a really cool picture, beautiful eyes.

12/27/2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I am so sorry! I have a cookbook full of "slow cooker, crock pot" recipes. Do you want me to send it to you? You could put stuff in, in the morning and it will be done for ALL of you when you get off work. Throw together a salad, and Voila!

Let me know and I'll get it right in the mail!

hugs!

BTW...I'm gonna go make some of your egg nog right now. I've been thinking about it, and now I must have some! :)

12/27/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Wow. Sounds like a rough day. That's tough taking care of both parents and your kids, and you! Don't be afraid to ask for help or lean on someone when you need it!

12/27/2006 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I am here to help! All you have to do is ask!

12/28/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home