12/10/2006

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY ASHTON!!!

Yes, today is Ashton's 9th birthday.
His last year as a single digit dude!!!

He always picks out the simple cakes...but they are always good!!




He just loves it when I wake him up with the camera flash..

He isn't in the best of moods.

He is on the mend from being sick and he sneaked a pick at presents and he had major guilt!!!

I love the one sock on one sock off thing....

I finally got a smile...

My parents got him a hot wheels race track that looks like a comet. Very cool. Alec got him Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and AJ got him 2 kids rock CD's. His dad sent him $20 and ICE AGE 2 and his dad's mom sent Ashton $20. So he did pretty well and his day was looking good....

until.........................

8:12 pm ring-ring....it's meth head and he asked to speak with Ashton. No "Hi" no nothing. So I know something is up. So I have Ashton use the kitchen phone while I stay on the cordless mute button pressed. Ashton is trying to talk to him and methhead keeps rambling on about what size of basketball Ashton uses in practice. And then he tells him he is going to buy him one for his birthday....HELLO, MCFLY!!! Ashton keeps trying to tell his dad about his birthday...and methhead keeps sticking to the subjects he wants to talk about. After about 4 minutes, I tell Ashton to tell his dad that he loves him and say good bye. So Ashton did and I took the phone from him and told methhead to NEVER CALL HERE DRUNK AGAIN!!! he of course said "huh" I repeated my self and then hung up.

Then I had a crying 9 year old on my hands. Why the hell does his father always have to ruin "special moments" for us? Well now it's mainly the boys. I'm so pissed off. I gave Ashton a lotion foot rub....I don't know why he likes those but he does. I hugged him for a while then made him a peanut butter sandwich.

He became better and said.."I thought he stopped getting drunk".

I didn't know what to say. I just hugged him and said "That's why I can't leave you over night with him. I can't trust him to stay sober and take care of you the way a parent should. He isn't supposed to be drinking because of his parole and he is--so that tells me he hasn't changed some of his bad habits."

The reason I said this is that Ashton asked me last week why he can't spend a week of Christmas break with his dad like some of his friends are going to do. I freaked on this question. So I guess, depending on how you look at it. Methhead's calling drunk is a blessing in disguise because it made it easier for Ashton to understand why I won't let him stay with is dad over the holiday break.

How was your weekend???

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats really tuff to deal with, especially at 9, but better he knows who his father really is. Better this way than an in person visit.

12/10/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Ashton's reaction to the camera flashing reminds me of myself every morning. I hate waking up, no matter what time of the day it is!

Happy Birthday, Ashton! Sounds like he made out well...all those gifts AND a foot-rub! Man! Lucky bum! And I would say it is most defiantely a blessing in disguise that his father calle din the condition he did. It's just too bad it had to be on his 9th birthday.

12/10/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Meth head makes me CRAZY!! What was he thinking? And what's up with the basketball thing if he had already sent money and a movie??

Happy Bday to Ashton!! Good cover on your part!

12/11/2006 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with wearing only one sock? Im sure its a trend somewhere

12/11/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

Aaaw. Poor little dude!
I hope his heart is not too broken.
Mine is, and I don't like hearing about anyone else's heart being broken.

But happy birthday to him!
They grow up so fast.

12/11/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It sucks that his dad has to be that way but he is definitely lucky to have a mom like you who cares about him.

12/12/2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Airsoft Man said...

Great blog, I will come more often.

Airsoft King

12/21/2006 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home