12/05/2006

Turning In The Keys


I turned in my keys to the old house
Saturday......

This is who I
thought I turned them in to...




When in reality, last night I realized

I turned them into this



I hired "MerryMaids" to clean the house after we moved out. We picked up
everything that couldn't be sucked up by a vacuum cleaner.

Why clean when you have hired someone to do it for you....right???

Well the maids were late getting there, so when I went thru the house with the
landwitch they were still there. They were working.

When she called last night, I asked how the maids did. Because I had
turned in my key, I couldn't go check. She said

"They did great considering what you left them."


Hello??? I was paying for it not her. Anyway the wonderful
conversation progressed and she finally said,


"To my calculations I owe you $1,000.00 plus interest which is
$66.00. Wells Fargo bill pay is down right now so I will try it again in
the morning and if it's still down, I will look for my old check book and write
you a hand check. If I were an "on top of it" landlord, I would just send
you the $66.00 and be done with it."

What the hell is she trying to say????? I paid $1,980.00 to move
in. First and last months rent, $200 cleaning deposit and $300 dog/kid
deposit (which I think is illegal to have an extra deposit for kids but they
used the dogs too). Okay so take away the first month's rent and you
have $1,240.00. So I am guessing she is keeping $240 for what
ever. I have painted the horrible bathroom, installed cable in every
room and 4 additional phone jacks, oh and had the tree branch removed...all at
my own expense on top of paying rent. AND SHE IS BEING BITCHY.



I guess I will see if I ever get my money back.....I am so glad my
renting days are behind me.

How is your week so
far???

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Landlords are jerks, I have never gotten my entire deposit back. The maid comment was wayyyyy bitchy,

12/05/2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Oh my. Glad you're not giving that bitchy woman any more money. I hope you don't have any problems getting your money back.

12/05/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

What's her deal?? Psycho witch!

12/05/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Going through the same thing with our old apartment complex. They want to keep $400 bucks but they can't because it says in our lease they were supposed to notify us in writing and give us a chance to dispute. They never did, and now they won't respond. Small claims court here I come (and I'll win!)

12/05/2006 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH, lets drag her out on the Res and leave her for the coyotes

12/06/2006 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home