Trip Well Done!!

We survived the trip to Albuquerque and so did they!!

We left here about 600 am and made the traditional stop at Dunkin' Donuts for munchkins and chocolate milk. We were on time and all of us in a good mood. The gamecube and dvd player were hooked up and the boys had their headphones on and were actually getting along.

It is a 189 mile trip one way and about 100 miles into it my cruise control kicked out, check engine light came on, and a green flashing light came on. I pulled over and got out the trusty owners manual. The weird looking green light meant my full time 4 wheel drive had failed or broke or was just emotional....I don't know. But the book said to take it to a dealership when as soon as possible and I could keep driving....so I did.

We we stopped for a candy and bathroom run and when we got back in and I turned the car back on, the check engine light was gone. COOL!!! I drove the rest of the way without the cruise control just in case. You never realize how much you use the cruise control until you can't...

We got there and methhead's wife had been called into work so it was just him and his mom. The boys don't really remember her. Especially Alec, he was only 1 or so last time he saw her. Anyway, they opened presents. Then they gave their dad and MeeMaw their presents and they opened theirs. Then we went to eat where methhead's wife works as a a waitress. They claimed the food was great. Mexican food made by Greeks????? Needless to say it wasn't great but it was eatable. Methwife got off of work while we were there so they wanted to take the boys to a toy store to get them each one more toy of the boy's choice. So we braved Coronado Mall. This mall was the biggest in the state when I was younger and it was PACKED with people. We were gonna stand in line for Santa Clause, but the line was about 2 miles long and we had to leave ABQ by 300pm....so we just went to the toy store. The boys each picked out a toy and then a plastic weapon. Alec got a battle axe and Ashton picked out a sword.

Alec asked me to "untangle" his axe after they were purchased it. Then in the middle of the mall methhead whipped out his rather large knife (didn't think he could have one on parole and it wasn't a pocket knife) to cut the ties on Ashton's sword. I just looked at him. He quickly got the Marines' attention at the toy store for toys for tots. I told him to put that away unless he wants to get arrested in front of his kids again. He just looked at me. Idiot.

Anyway we got back to their apartment and they played and talked to their MeeMaw while I hooked back up all the electronics in the back seat so they would be entertained on the 3 hour trip back.

We actually left on time and was home by 6:03 pm....

How was your weekend???

Labels: , ,


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad to hear everything went well and peaceful.

12/18/2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger drama mama said...

Sounds fairly painless. Did his mom mind her manners??

12/18/2006 8:04 AM  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

Glad it didn't turn out to be the trip from Hell, like you thought it was going to be. Glad the kids had fun too!

12/18/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

My weekend would have been better with munchkins and chocolate milk...

12/18/2006 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had been there to hold your hand anyway!!!!

12/18/2006 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Slick said...

Daaang, I gotta say that you do a lot for your kids so they can actually visit with methhead. More so than any person I know would do.

Personally, from a male's perspective? I find it awesome. You're a great Mom PB.

Have an awesome Christmas!

12/21/2006 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home