12/22/2006

CHRISTMAS GIFT

Ashton informed me that he is much too old to sit on Santa's lap....the Scrooge!!!
We braved the mall today to confront Zumie's about the teens ski jacket. We paid almost $300.00 for it and he has worn it twice and yesterday the zipper broke. She was way cool and gave me 25% off of the ski pants we bought and gave me the info for a seamstress the store uses for her to fix the jacket.
Because the teen will be going snowboarding for a week, he got another suit for Christmas among other items.
Then as we were snacking in the food court....ring ring goes the cell phone.
It's my mom...hysterical and in tears saying my dad's truck has been confiscated. I said..."What, it can't be I have the truck out at the mall." Quickly I have the teen go check the parking lot and it's still there.
Whilst snowboarding with friends in papa's truck yesterday....there was drama
They parked in front of a friends condo because the kid said they could. Then as they were leaving the mountain they saw a paper on the windshield that had something written on it....that the teen claims he could not read. There was a boot laying against the tire that they just picked up. It wasn't locked on or anything so they threw the boot in the back. A purgatory worker walking by told them they might as well since he knew they didn't have the money to pay the $200.00 fine. So the teens blazed a trail home.
Well of course Purgatory security got grandpa's license plate and then reported them to the sheriff's department when the same worker went and told that they removed the boot. Hence the call to grammie.
I've talked to the Sheriff's deputy and he was really cool (wonder if he is single...I have a thing for guys in uniform) I told him I didn't think they were being malicious, they were just teenage boys that thought they were in the right. He said he would talk to security. Then I told him I would be more than happy to pay the $200.00 fine and I would return the boot.
Hopefully AJ won't get banned from Purgatory.
How's your day???
After post note: The deputy just called. I only have to return the boot tomorrow morning and all is good. No fine, no banishment....YEAH ME!!! and THANK YOU MR. DEPUTY.
One of these days I will have to stop standing between the world and my teen, but I'm just not there yet.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee....I sure hope the deputy is cute.

12/22/2006 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ is lucky that you do what you do for him, my dad would have made me walk back to purgatory with the boot.
By the way I have access to uniforms. And I hope the deputy is married and has onion breath.

12/22/2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

Wow. My mom is still having a hard time accepting the fact that I bought a cell phone.
She said "OH! You're so grown up!"
It must be a mom thing.

12/22/2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Well, did you find out if he's single???? Don't leave me hangin'!

Glad it all worked out.

Merry Christmas!

12/23/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Kdubs said...

Merry Christmas but um, man. That sucks?!

12/26/2006 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home