10/02/2005

I WILL NOT STOP BLOGGING!!!!

I will admit, I get a little overly emotional when blogging. Most of it is just blowing off steam and I don't mean it deep down inside. With the exception of my ex husband(s). I mean ever morsel of that and I am probably being conservative about it.

Anyway, on my Fricken, Frackin Fridays post--I vented about work and to be exact my direct boss. It was wrong I know, but my feelings were hurt and I was sick. I am a huge wimp when I am sick and everything gets to me. Anyway, I did say some stuff that wasn't nice, but better out then in...right.. I mean if you keep this stuff bottled up you become a time bomb. So I blurted it out. (that part is now deleted from my blog out of respect and embarrassment).

I know I shouldn't of done it, but it is done.....I get an e-mail today......


I was cruising along on BlogExplosion when I saw the picture of your son
and his date. Your tagline "Go Scorps!" caught me by surprise, as this was
my high school mascot as well, and there just don't seem to be a whole lot of
"Scorpions" out there. Lo and behold, you were from Farmington where I
grew up. So I decide to read a bit deeper, and you mention the PESCo
employee picnic. So I think, how weird, my dad works for PESCo.
Imagine my surprise when I read your Fricken Fracken Friday's post. I
haven't decided yet whether to tell my yankee-power-trip-smart-ass-mouth dad
what you said about him. See its a tough decision, you know, since he's so
old, and forgets alot.

Have a nice day,


Great........I was mean...but the stuff he had said really upset me. I don't usually have emotions when it comes to work, but like I said I was sick and a wimp.

Anyway, I send back the first e-mail saying I'm sorry please don't tell him. Then, stupid me, I send back another e-mail being even more pathetic. Now I'm embarrassed. I should of just sent the first one.

I am sorry that I hurt his feelings and for what I had said about his dad. I was wrong and I need to be much more generic if I am bitching about a specific person.

But, I thought there was blogger etiquette or something. I mean I saw a guy that told another blogger that he hopes her daughter dies. Man, that boy got ganged up by bloggers. And he deserved to.

I am sorry if my blog offends anyone, it is just me being me at the present time.

Alot of times I look back and laugh about how stupid I was.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beth:

I understand why you posted what you did. Even so it doesn't make it right.

You've apologized to me, but I'm not the one who needs the apology.

I sent the link to my dad, and I don't know if he saw it before you edited it or not. But I do know that he is a good man, and some ill-typed words wouldn't be enough to turn someone out on the street if that were all there was to it. So if you guys were straight, then I wouldn't worry about it. My advice would be to be proactive about it, he appreciates honesty.

Best of luck to you, I hope it all turns out ok.

BTW, I can totally empathize with you about the dating prospects in the small town. It was bad, even when I was in highschool. I can't imagine how slim the pickings must be now! My advice? MOVE! LOL!!!

Regards,

"Bosses Kid"

10/03/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Dear Bosses kid....

Can you honestly say you have never innocently griped about a boss or friend, or family member even?? Give me a break! I think it was wrong of you to send it to your dad. How would you have felt in the same situation?? Would you have wanted someone to forward it?? I think not!

Shame, Shame! As a fellow blogger, you SHOULD know better!!

10/03/2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger peebugg said...

I apologized this morning. First thing as I walked in the door. He didn't quite understand.

I tried to explain, but I didn't do a good job of it.

But I did confess and apologize.

Lesson Learned

10/03/2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad it's all worked out.

Drama mama:

Quit with the righteous indignation. She screwed up. I screwed up. We all screw up. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be called on it.

10/03/2005 11:07 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Righteous Indignation?????? Me???? I'm Appalled! LOL

10/03/2005 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a total outsider, i just wanted to say... I have a little rule in my posts about people. The only full name I use is that of my daughters biological father. For everyone else I need to vent about... I do not include company names or last names.

You have every right to vent. and more importantly... stay honest as you are about the way you are feeling. What you do outside of working hours is your business and what you think about your boss is your business too.

To bosses kid... What goes around comes around. One day you will say something you regret the next day and it will be too late because someone else has already spread your personal thoughts to the relevant parties.

10/03/2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Annake said...

Never, NEVER use real names!!! I vent about my co-workers all the time, but I make up names for them. You never know who's reading your blog. Everybody needs a moan and groan session once in a while and a blog is a good place to let it all out. Just take a few precautions next time. Or start a secret blog dedicated to work woes. Glad everything worked out for you. :-D

10/04/2005 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home