9/28/2005

"Die Nazi Rodent!!!!"

That is what I heard when I walked in the door last night. This is what happens when a 16 year old boy is left alone at home with mice. He updated me on the situation. Both traps had been licked clean. Dang Them....

So we implemented Phil's plan. I spent at least 5 minutes removing the chunks from the chunky peanut butter. Stole 2 pieces of dog food from the bowl and reset the traps.

One on top....

(yes that is a Joe's Crab Shack drink shaker you see in the back ground. From our trip to Denver 2 years ago. It is great to store the thermometer and the medicine dispensers.)

(One of my few drinking experiences....drank about 1/4 of it and then dumped it out and kept the container......I'm such a cheap date)






And then.....one on bottom.....


AJ thought it was a good idea to surround it with glue traps and then he put a few pieces of dog food in each glue trap!!! He is getting into this way too much!!! Kinda scaring me.

(Note: I need to get that TP tube out of there when it is vermin free)



Not 10 minutes later....he checks the traps!!!! the bottom one is licked clean!!!!! How the Heck did they do that........



I NOW DECLARE WAR!!!!!
No more Ms. Nice Human......
I am thinking of Phil's plan. He is used to dealing with modern surfer mice, I must have redneck small town mice. SSSOOOOOOOO

I get out the good ole cheese.....it's gotta work...doesn't it. I mean it always does on TV!!!



Now this is what I'm talkin' about.......DEATH TO RODENTS!!!!! Down with Rat-Flu!!!!!!

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!

About an hour later...........


Oh look honey.....it's twins!!!!!

All right a 2fer

AJ now being a so called "pro" at the glue trap deal.....thought he would "gas" them. So he poured ammonia on them. (WTF....you should listen to your mother!!!!!) Not 30 seconds after he pour the ammonia he came running through the house scream they are getting away, the ammonia is loosening the glue...DUH!!!!

He gets the tongs from the shed and I hand him a ziplock bag on his way back through. Mice safely bagged!!!! Then they take them outside to supposedly throw them away. But noooooooooo, they have to stab them about 100 times each with wooden ka-bob sticks. They were so excited about doing that. I am so glad I am not male....eeeeewwwwwww gag me with a spoon!!!!

Now these were babies compared to the other two we caught.

Is there a whole famn damily of them under my house????

Okay....about 4:47 am ...I hear "SNAP"!! the dogs bark their heads off. Cool another one I am thinking....then another "SNAP" twins again???


TRAP HOG!!!!


Well, I guess he made up for the 2fer earlier!!


And you thought I was kidding about the tongs, didn't you!!!

Tune in next time for the conclusion (hopefully) same mouse time....same mouse channel

13 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Sounds like you're making progress. Maybe I should send my cousin over. Last year, when we went to Colorado on a hunting trip, the cabin we were in had a slight mouse problem. He set the traps, and re-set the traps, and re-set them again, and again, and again . . . 16 mice the first night met their fate. by the end of the week, I think the tally was at 42. lol

Phil
http://nomadechoes.blogdrive.com

9/28/2005 10:32 AM  
Blogger Bond Hunter said...

God, this is too funny. I had to bookmark you just to know how the hunt goes!

The 2fer killed me, pardon the pun.

9/28/2005 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm sitting here squealing while reading the mouse chronicles. Death to the mice!!!

9/28/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

The pics are too funny/gross! Are you gonna try calling in a professional to gas under your house??? I would have moved to my mommy's the first sight of a mouse and stayed there until they were gone! You are a brave, brave woman!

9/28/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger dom said...

You seem to be doing a good job catching dem meeses,they actually prefer chocolate to cheese... so if they stop being trapped try that :-)

9/28/2005 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ill, but good going there!

9/28/2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger mama said...

TOO FUNNY!!!!! I had to drag hubbs downstairs just to see the 2fer! He is thoroughly impressed! Can't wait to see what you get next!

9/28/2005 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so funny!

9/29/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Mice love bacon fat more then cheese. That twofer pic is a crack up.

9/29/2005 7:35 PM  
Blogger Chasing The Moon said...

You are sick, truly sick!! Facts are,we are having the same problem! However, I live a wee bit out of town and while there are mice there is a bigger problem, rats!! Ugh!! You gotta get these whoopper traps to catch the buggars! I've never had any in the house, but my garage is another story!! The secret to our success? Peanut Butter!! It gets em' every time! I had to laugh my ass off when I read about your son. My two boys are 5 & 7 and are just now beginning to become totally facinated by the whole rodent thing, throw into the mix, dead rodent. Gotta luv em' sick little guys!

10/02/2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger Chasing The Moon said...

You are sick, truly sick!! Facts are,we are having the same problem! However, I live a wee bit out of town and while there are mice there is a bigger problem, rats!! Ugh!! You gotta get these whoopper traps to catch the buggars! I've never had any in the house, but my garage is another story!! The secret to our success? Peanut Butter!! It gets em' every time! I had to laugh my ass off when I read about your son. My two boys are 5 & 7 and are just now beginning to become totally facinated by the whole rodent thing, throw into the mix, dead rodent. Gotta luv em' sick little guys!

10/02/2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

OMG. I'm sick, but not that sick as to put pics of poor mice on my blog. I have a rat for a pet and he's just like a puppy to Aubrey and I. That just made me sad.

10/03/2005 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Used heavy equipment in indianagary patanol Pomona dentists Make a boot disk for compaq recovery cd Table pliante avec roulette tenuate online pharmacy hydrocodone No nude teens bras 2003 honda atv lasik md in calgary lipitor side lipitor adverse reactions Basic conferencing structure Gentle touch laser hair removal Freeware travel software Facts zoloft Moose model z900r alarm system

4/23/2007 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home