11/24/2006

After thought

This is the only time my daddy smiled over the holiday...


My eyes have been filled with tears for the last 3 days.
My brother has now seen how it is here, and he understands. The one cool thing between us is that we really don't have to talk about things when we are together...WE JUST KNOW..
His wife still doesn't have it all understood but I am sure he will explain it to
her when they get home.
I've come to the understanding, that it's not anger I feel towards my brother, it's jealousy and the overwhelming feeling of not fitting in. It's not his fault my parents are happier when he is around and it's not mine either--it's just the way things are and I need to suck it up and just accept it. My place is to take care of them and his place is to bring them joy.

Either way, we are family

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats really cool, Im glad you guys can pull it together for them. After all, they deserve it, I remeber how you were :)

11/25/2006 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hhhmm..I had the same problem like you have now. I just sucked it up and went on.

By the way, cute pic of the parents knocked out.

11/27/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I'm glad things turned out better than you expected. Are you recovered now??

11/27/2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

How much rum did you put in their drinks??? LOL (((hugs))) being sent your way. At least your brother understands where you're coming from now.

11/27/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that picture of them sleeping too- hilarious.

It sucks that you have to accept feeling that way rather than your parents working on it with you- but at least you've made peace so you can move on.

11/28/2006 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah yeah, family, holidays , that was a week ago, Blogg slacker

11/30/2006 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home