4/10/2006

Reccomendations Needed

First off....a good tasting wine for a non-wine drinker....Actually for a non-drinker....

I've always wanted to be able to drink wine......but they all taste like dandelions or earwax to me.. and yes I have tasted both...

When we were in Disneyland and at a fancy smanchy restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel I asked the waiter what kind of wine he would recommend. I also told him I wanted a sweet wine. So he brought me a glass of zinfandel (however you spell it) and it was a pinky color. It was horrible...but because it was $8.00 a glass...I slammed it...and no effect what so ever.... BTW...I have been told this is the "leg opener" wine--honestly, if used for that with me, kool-aid would get you alot further...that stuff was nasty...

So, what is a good sweet wine????

NEXT...

I bought the movie "Jarhead", I've seen a ton of previews and it looks great. But I can't get thru the first 20 minutes of it--for two reasons. Main reason...I have two little boys that seem to be attracted to movies with cuss words in it. And the first part of the movie is filled with them...one word inparticular. Second reason, I know that the Marine bootcamp is extreme and the movie probably comes close to what it's like......but at times it's difficult to stomach it..... can I skip a few scenes and get past all of that and still understand the movie???? has anyone seen this movie????

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

champagne is good. more bubbly and stuff.
i've tried wine and it's not the best.

4/10/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

and if you're gonna watch a movie you have to watch ALL of it! you cant skip things in movies!
read the book.
it was a book first.
and from what i hear it's better than the movie.
and plus, jake gyllenhaal dances around naked except for a santa hat placed over his most of private parts.

4/10/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger mama said...

definately watch the whole movie! I watched it the other night with the hubbs and although it is pretty graphic it was really good. There are some really funny parts (well ones to amuse me anyway)and there are some parts that hit hard. Good luck with it - let we know what you think of it.

4/10/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I can be of no help to you today. No idea about wine...no idea about Jarhead.

Sorry friend!

4/10/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Pretty much the only real wine I can drink is Riesling. It's white and slighty sweet and not too strong. Good luck!

4/11/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the riesling - it's about the only wine I'll drink. However, I have been known to swig some Riunite Lambrusco (a sweet red wine).

Love your blog! I enjoy reading the stories about your little escape artist, LOL!

4/12/2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the riesling - it's about the only wine I'll drink. However, I have been known to swig some Riunite Lambrusco (a sweet red wine).

Love your blog! I enjoy reading the stories about your little escape artist, LOL!

4/12/2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I hit the dang button twice! Sorry!

4/12/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home