4/09/2006

HOLY CRUDE PUCKY!!!

(deep sigh)

What a dang day.......

We got up kinda early and started working on the yard. Little boys went to ride their skateboards and when I peeked to see where they were they had invaded the neighbors yard work session and buggin' the heck out of them so I told them to come home.

Then we had to go to the store to get cat food. Little boys got into a wrestling match in the greeting card isle.... "Clean up Isle 9---The Bridges Brats are here again".

Then we stop by my parents house to do the "check" for the day. Alec wants to go to the neighbors and they have company so I tell him no. The neighbors have no children....so there is no real play value...they just like hanging out over there because they give them candy.

Anyway, I took out the trash and called the boys so we can go......Only Ashton comes in.....NO ALEC. So I yell for him....nothing..... Go look in the shed (his favorite hiding place) NO ALEC...

I start freaking out...thinking he climbed the fence to go see the neighbors.....I go ask them...NO ALEC.....

I hope in the Santa Fe and speed around the blocks and head for the elementry school (playground)...NO ALEC....

I rush back to my parents house and call 911........I'm talking to the operator and she says hold on.........a lady was calling in .....she had him.......he was in Arches' parking lot....about 5 blocks away on one of the busiest streets in this town. I freak....jump back in the Santa Fe and speed down there. And there were 2 very kind ladies in the parking lot with him. As I got out of the car, he says..."I don't want to go home....." and tries to run again...

I look like a great mom.........I tell him to stop and he does and I thank the ladies for helping him and I ask him to thank them........he says "NO, I DON'T WANT TOO". I then apologize to them and head back to the grand parents house. Because I stirred up the whole neighborhood looking for him, they were all outside watching me bring him back. Then they watched and listened as my dad yelled at him. Alec is only 4 well will be 5 in July......and his little lip quivered and then stuck out. I made him apologize to his Grammie and Papa and then we were going to go home.

The police finally showed up. I showed him Alec and then he wanted to know how he got out. I told him I think he climbed the fence but didn't know. And that I was looking for him in the other direction........

He had me adjust his seat belt because Alec had put the shoulder strip under his arm. I fixed it and then we left.

Not much punishment you can do to a 4 year old. I don't want to spank him......then he will try harder not to be found.

So we talked about bad guys and how they hide and wait for little kids without their parents....I hoped that worked....

I'm gonna go take 8 Advil and take a nap with him.......

I hope everyone is having better Sunday than I am.........

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

HOLY CRAP! He's fearless! Have you tried Duct tape??

4/09/2006 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count your blessings that he's safe. Take a good rest and start again tomorrow...sorry about this and hope it doesn't happen again.

4/09/2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger peebugg said...

Ya know...I've tried duct tape...the lil bugger naws right thru it.....

never tried superglue...I always stick my fingers together.

I'm considering one of those remote dog training collars...you know the ones that do the electric shock thing....:)

Just kidding....truth be known, his blood sugar was low and he gets a bit aggressive and wild...and that was the case....we were late for lunch...so it's my fault.....

4/10/2006 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! ga infiniti dealership Blood pressure monitors singapore Experian credit score 3 agencies Where not to get botox on your face One a day man vitamin Isotopes hockey royal vista pda 3 4 size mattresses in kansas city 97 infiniti i30 overview pop up blocker software blocker pop up max paintball annodizing cod didrex shipping

2/03/2007 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home