4/07/2006

Guilt Mixed with Relief

I have major guilt today.....

AJ has not been taking care of his dog, Juan Lopez, and the poor thing gets left in his crate over 15 hours a day.

(Brief history....Juan is extremely jealous of the little boys and if left unattended for even 2 minutes will pee on everything of theirs (including their beds and pillows) and poop all over their room. when I re-arranged their room in January, I found giant crystallized pools of chihuahua urine under their beds...meaning he purposely crawled under the bed and some how peed over and over and over again)

Because I cannot constantly stand over a dog and take care of kids and a house hold, Juan had to stay in his crate while AJ was gone. And lots of times AJ would get home and just leave Juan in the crate. I hated seeing him in there and everytime I would let him out, he would sneak up stairs and pee on everything so I had to stop letting him out....

I don't think it's fair for the dog to be in a cage, but I also cannot live in the state of gross-ness that he caused due to his jealously.

Anyway, a guy I work with loves animals and lives alone with just the animals. (After we got back from Dland AJ said that he was tired of dealing with Juan's peeing issues and agreed to let me find him a good home.) So, Pete agreed to take Juan. After I told AJ then he said he wanted to give Juan another chance and work with him. I asked him when....while he was at school or work, with his woman or when he was playing Halo2 on XBOX live?

So, at lunch time I went home and got Juan and brought him back to work with me. He went without a fight with Pete which was good.

I just have guilt for him not understanding what is going on, but I do feel that he will be happier at Pete's and being able to run free and play with Pete's female chihuahua........

4 Comments:

Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

aaaw.
we've had like...3 dogs, and we always have to give them away. my mom cant handle fleas and stuff.
i've been saying for years we're not dogs people, and that we should stick with cats and fish.
but when that puppy comes home they are always so cute! i cant deny them!
but i think we've had enough dogs. the baby is going to be enough.

4/07/2006 4:06 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Don't feel too bad! You've got enough to deal with! Maybe Juan will get some lovin' with his new female friend! Happy days for him!

4/08/2006 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll be happier and so will you.

4/09/2006 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

2/02/2007 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home