4/15/2006

I Did it ALL BY MYSELF!!!

The little boys have "The Loft" for their room...it's up a very narrow set of stairs. Clearance in the very middle for standing up is about 5'7"...I'm 5'8" so I have to slouch a bit.....the roof is very very slanted and there was no lighting up there. I had 2 lamps up there that were really cool.....they melted both of them. I then put a temporary lamp up there but feared fire and the fact that it had a glass cover-shade-thingie.......
So, on my 1/2 day off yesterday....I ventured to Lowe's.
I had been looking at stuff on their website and found some "under the cabinet" lighting stuff.
I can just about anything plumbing.....but I am terrified of electricity....due to a shocking experience when I was about 7 years old.
Anyway.....I found a set that chained--5 lights one plug in......they were pretty flat....so I bought 2 sets.....I started installing them and the panneling in this house is like petrified panneling. The cable guy melted a drill bit on part of it...this is some serious stuff.....
4 hours later........



walking up the stairs....

close up I had to replace the middle board trim thingie too....had to hide the wires

yes, this room has 2 different colors of paneling.....It was like that...I didn't do it....


Alec always has to get in on the pictures...he is stringing a spool of thread around the room...


This is their window....I put up new curtians......and....

installed lights on the under-top-side of the window frame...so they also have bed lights for reading and whatever else I don't want to know about...

Handsome had to join in with Alec...though he wasn't impressed with the spool of thread...

Because the roof is so slanted....I took their beds off the frames and just have them on the floor that way Ashton doesn't hit his head when he sits up in the morning......

We are going to the my parents house today for Easter Dinner....I am putting a choker collar on Alec and will keep using the "heel" command...and hopefully I won't lose him this weekend....

HAPPY EARLY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

my room slants too. but not on both sides. you can walk in fine, but thats it.
i've got one of those lights thats like, right in the middle of the ceiling, and it didnt have a cover, so i got a desk lamp that barley makes any light other than a small three foot circle by my dresser.
cool lighting! you did that yourself?
rad. i would never do that. i dont even like the lawnmower.

4/15/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

You are the queen! Good job! And their room looks so clean! How did you get them to do that?

4/17/2006 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home