4/07/2005

FLESH OR ROMANCE

I have been talking to a guy I used to go to high school with and it is really cool to have someone over the age of 16 to talk with. We haven't actually met again face to face mainly on the phone and some e-mail. But it seems all of our conversations end up on sex. Now I realize that he is 34 and this is still a big deal to the male species at this age, but there should be more for any type of relationship? I mean even a friendship has to have something other then "sex talk".

Everytime I tried to change the subject, ie Terry S. In Florida, what do you think. It started with quality of life and then went to quality of life needs sex. Just very odd. But, at least we talk. Which is more than some married couples do. He is very concerned with the well being of his daughter so I am thinking that this is just a front to make sure that he doesn't get hurt again.

Maybe I have read too many books and I have this happily ever after romance in my mind that will never happen. I know there has to be a happy medium out there somewhere.
I guess I just needed to actually type this out and get it out of my system. I think I think too much. I know nothing has happened yet and there is a good chance it might never happen. I just don't want to make another bad choice when it comes to relationships. So I will be over analyzing and re-analyzing every encounter.

I wish there was a menu for "your perfect mate" and you could order him. Knowing my luck they would be sold out of mine....!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Hold out for the romance! It's not worth it to give in and then later be deeply disappointed. My stand on the subject is:

Say yes to lunch...No to Sex!

You deserve better than you've gotten and don't even think that you don't. Heck, your kids deserve more too!

Hugs

4/07/2005 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home