3/12/2006

Monday Memory

I'm feeling nostalgic today.......
The Birth of Andrew John
aka AJ
aka The teen
(he has been like this all day--XBOX!!!)
Just so no one will hurt themselves doing the math...I was 17 years and 9 months old when I got pregnant with AJ. I was a senior in high school.


I graduated in May and didn't show (I got pregnant in February), I went to a "travel vocational school" in Florida for 6 weeks end of June and July (didn't show). Came home in August semi show, actually I just looked chubby. My parents didn't know--AJ's dad did. My plan was to move away to Albuquerque, NM on my own and have him. I didn't want to get married because well--AJ's dad was a semi-jerk.
But one day (Sept 4th, 1988 to be exact), a family fried (while drunk) spilled the whole deal to my parents. He was AJ's dad (Andy) boss and also a good friend to my parents. So that night I come in from a date, rather late, and both of my parents were sitting in the front room waiting for me. They told me to sit down. I was semi freaked and then they told me they knew and they asked me if I wanted to call Andy and have him over for this....I told them "No". So I sat there and went thru all that stuff. My mother wanted to know why I didn't use a condom. My mother never ever never explained anything about sex or anything else to me. It really bothered me and still does that she asked me that question when she never once talked about anything physical with me...not even my period (sorry any guys that are reading).
Anyway, we were married 2 days later--Almost a shotgun wedding...lol
AJ IS EXACTLY 18 YEARS, 6 MONTHS AND 2 HOURS
YOUNGER THAN I AM.
To the minute....really weird....
Cone head baby.....
Being a young couple and not on insurance--money was an issue. At the current time the local hospital had the "Stork Program" from check-in to dismissal if it only took 12 hours the whole hospital bill would be $1,800.00. (of course this is illegal now) But anyway, I went into labor the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I didn't go into the hospital until 2:45 am Monday morning. I just couldn't hold out anymore. Andy went into the delivery room with me -- which then was a huge sterile operating room with open doors. My parents and brother and Andy's mom stayed outside the doorway and watched. Little did I know at the time--there were mirrors at my other end on the wall and ceiling and they got to see the whole show....."cheese and rice!!"
AJ was born at 6:30 am on November 28, 1988. Right after they cut the umbilical cord, AJ grabbed it and flung blood everywhere including across Andy's face. He nearly fainted. Then when the nurse took him to clean him up, he pooped in her hand. She said that never happened to her before. He is so proud of that moment!!! When in labor they asked me if I wanted any pain medication, I said no--afraid that it would cost more. Even after AJ was born, they asked me if I wanted some juice and I said "no" and then the nurse said "Honey, it wont' cost anymore if you have something to drink." So I smiled and got some grape juice. I checked out at 10:30 am on Monday. I as so scared to make this cost any more money. I didn't know it when I dated him...but Andy was a money asshole (sorry for the language) He got mad if any money was spent unless it was spent on him. I won't get into the hairy details on this post.
Anyway, got AJ home and semi settled in. Tuesday morning--mom and I went Shopping!!!!! How wonderful it is to be young....just bounce right back.... That morning I weighed myself and I weighed 20lbs less than I did when I got pregnant......"what the heck happened!!""
2 Days old...yes they are polaroids....I'm old.
NO PANTS OR HAIR JOKES--IT WAS THE 80'S
I had to get Andy's friend to take the picture cause Andy wouldn't....

Going to his one week appointment

One of the few times he held his son...never changed a diaper either...

Have a great Monday!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

aaaw...he's so tiny.

3/13/2006 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home