3/10/2006

Chap's My Fanny Friday!!!


I couldn't get anything to load on blogger last night....so here we go!!!
Today's Topic
MODERN CONVENIENCES AND INCONVENIENCES!!!!
Two days ago my electric can opener decided that it didn't like to open cans anymore. Fully charged and/or plugged in it would only put a hole in the can and not go any further no matter how much I cussed at it or banged it on the counter.
So, I dug in my utensil drawer and found the "just in case" manual can opener. I didn't spend alot of money on it because I really didn't think I would ever have to use it..... IT SUCKS!!! took me 10 minutes to open a can of pears last night. The cat didn't get his canned food this morning because the only can left needed an opener. He will just have to live on dry food for a day. So today, I will venture to Target and get a real manual can opener. I'm mad at the electric one's right now...probably get one of those in a few weeks when I get tired of hand cramps from the manual one.......
NEXT!!!
Liquid eye liner!!! what a joke. I finally broke down and bought some a few weeks ago and then finally used it this morning. Or should I say---"Tried to use it". Put it on my upper lid and didn't open eye, applied eyeshadow like I do with the pencil kind...waited a second for it to dry....opened eye, then did the same to the other eye. Re-evaluated the application in the mirror when done.....I now have stripped eyelids!!!! Running too late to wash off....so I had to do some funky eyeshadow stuff this morning.
definitely a Modern inconvenience!!!
WHAT CHAP'S YOUR FANNY THIS WEEK???

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Hmmmm...I can't think of anything. I must be too tired to be chapped. But I'm sure by the end of the day, something will happen!

3/10/2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger mama said...

my dungeon basement is chapping me lately - I am trying to clean it before tomorrow, the guy that is moving here after us is coming to look at the house tomorrow and then next week a coworker of my husbands is coming here for two days! GRRRRR see how much I am getting done while I surf the blogsphere! I think tonight is going to be an all nighter!

3/10/2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I will dispense with the crap-stick joke this week.

What craps my fanny?

People at work who dont. I work by bahoomba off all day, and am irritated beyond telling hearing laughter an inane conversation drifting down the hall from wo-workers slacking off.

I am usually buried underneath several hot projects at once, and they somehow have nothing to do.

GRRRRRRRR

3/10/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger peebugg said...

Dave---

I am so with you....really soils my diaper when I am slavin' away on a dead line and I hear biker chic and the newbie cackling down the hall..... or flirting with the shop guys who are supposed to be in the shop working.....

3/11/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Friday night, we went to Michaels because I needed ribbon for my scrapbook class today. They were having a sale. There was this HUGE wall of ribbon with several signs saying 4 for $1. I grabbed 8 rolls and headed for the register. The clerk said, that will be $12.96. HUH?? My total with all my items should have been about 6 dollars. I explained about the ribbon and she said it was 99cents each. I argued, and went and showed her the wall. Turns out only the plain ribbon was on sale, not the sheer ribbon. It was all in the same place...mixed together.\

That really chaps my fanny!

(told ya there would be something before the day ended!)

3/11/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home