3/03/2006

Sometimes......

It's not a bad thing growing up a "daddy's girl"!!!
It used to really bother me when meth head and his friends would call me a "daddy's girl" or a "princess". To me that meant that I thought I was better than others and I was not that!!! Now, I view a Daddy's Girl as someone who has values instilled upon her by her parents and does not want to disappoint them--especially her daddy.....YEP, THAT'S ME!!!!!
Today, at the Sonic drive up window, I saw a girl whose ex was friends with meth head.
They used to party together and when they would ask me if I wanted a beer, I would simply say "no, I don't drink" and then the teasing would start. At times it would get mean and hurt my feelings, but it never convinced me to drink.
Anyway....she looks soooooooooooo bad. She has lost all of her top teeth, her bottom lip/jaw sticks out, her face if covered with craters and "tweaker" pick scars, cheeks sunken in, hair very dry and almost looks like hay. She looks about 55 years old and she is only 37--18 months older than me. But she partied hard with meth head and the other rough necks for at least 5 years--and boy does it show!!!! Her voice sounded like she had just smoked 4 packs of cigarettes within about 45 minutes....just horrible.
I was polite, but I didn't tell her who I was.
Should I of???
I don't want to be a snob..... but I really want no association with the "tweaker crowd" and I don't want any ties, besides my kids, to meth head.....
I wasn't rude, I looked her in the eye and to be honest--I wouldn't of know who she was if she didn't have a name tag on and said her name when she got on the speaker.
Why am I dwelling on this????
Should I have guilt for not introducing myself???
What would you of done?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

You should not feel guilty. You should do exactly what yo did -- walk away with your head held high. The farther away from that crowd you can get, the better. I would have said nothing, smiled nicely, got my food, and left.
I, too, am a Daddy's girl and I'm proud of it! My daddy loves me and pretty soon, he and my mom will be here living with us. Once a daddy's girl - always a daddy's girl. I love my daddy. That's what matters.
Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier this week. I'm finally catching up. I have pix of the construction up and running - we just broke ground today! Yippee!!
LadyBug

3/03/2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Hey...she didn't recognize you, so why bring it up. She was working at Sonic????

3/04/2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Hey...she didn't recognize you, so why bring it up. She was working at Sonic????

3/04/2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home