8/30/2005

Why Do They Think I Care??

We have been without a receptionist at work for about 2 weeks, so I have been helping on the phone. Take it from me, they need to pay the receptionist a lot more than they do.


(The following names have been changed to protect the gross and disgusting)

Employee calling in on Wednesday at 2:35 pm for his shift that starts at 4:30 pm.

ring-ring

I say: "Good afternoon, employer of sick and disgusting welders."
he says: "This is Wilbur, I work night shift. I won't be in today, I have diarrhea"
I say: "Cool, thanks for calling in" and hang up the phone and scream "GROSS!!!!!, why do they tell me these things!!!"


ring-ring

"Good afternoon, employer of sick and disgusting welders"
"Yeah, this is Arnold Joe's girlfriend. He spent the night at my house last night and didn't leave me any money. "
I'm thinking but not saying--you must of sucked in bed last night then--
Then I say: "He cannot have phone calls till break at 1:30 pm."
She says: "But I need to go to the clinic now!!"
Thinking again...EEEEWWWWWWWWW
Then I say: "I can take a message and page him at break or you can call back."
She hangs up.

What person in their right mind would tell a total stranger things like this??

I saved the best for last.

Last night, I was working late finishing up payroll and one of the night foreman came in to "chat". I felt like saying, I'm not normally here this late, I really need to work so I can go home. But I didn't. He asked me what company did we use for dental insurance and I told him. Then...Then....THEN!!!!! he just had to tell me why he needed to know the dental information.

Him: I was diggin' at my tooth with my pocket knife (yes, you read right...Pocket knife) cause there was a sometin' a buggin' me a back dare. (His mama shouldda' named him Randy Redneck) And when I pulled up on my knife (he now has his fingers in his mouth trying to show me how he was doing this) part of my tooth flew out. I mean it was a big chunk (he made a hand gesture about the size of a dime). And that tooth was dark black and green. (Then he holds open his mouth and puts his huge smelly head in my face to show me where it was and he is talking while his mouth is being held open). Can ya see it thar, the rest of the tooth is kinda black too and my gum is turning black."

This whole time I am trying to scoot back in my chair, but he has me trapped. I don't want to look in his mouth, I really don't want to be anywhere near him. I grabbed the phone book real quick and found a emergency dentist and wrote the number on a sticky note and told him to go call before they close.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I lysoled my office and then shut my door.

7 Comments:

Blogger nikaNnicosMommy said...

OMG, no he did not! My stomach is turning just reading it. What is wrong with some people?

8/30/2005 12:44 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Oh how I miss Farmington! LOL and Ewwwww!

8/30/2005 2:54 PM  
Blogger mama said...

THAT IS SOOOO GROSS!!! Thankfully I read this after I ate my dinner!

8/30/2005 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

1/11/2006 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

2/06/2007 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

2/21/2007 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Meridia 15 polska Narcotic pain medication clinics Ink for sharp fax ux-105 Fioricet online.com Where can i buy tamiflu 2005 tiburon body kits truck seat covers Paintball liverpool baccarat angel with cello

3/04/2007 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home