I can't even think of a great title...other than I'm still whining

My icky week continued thru the weekend. Saturday morning (8:00 am)we went to Alec's game and it was good. He even kinda paid attention and only did 3 karate moves on the court the whole game!!!! They don't keep score on the little ones, but I think it was pretty close.

I got home and my pellet stove was making this horrible squeaking noise. I went to take the back off of it to see what it was and all the threads on it were cross-threaded and stuck so it took me forever. Finally got that done and wrote down the auger motor numbers and headed to "Raindrops" which is a stove and spa place. Talked to one guy who looked at me like I was from Mars and then another guy came up an knew what I was talking about. But they don't service that brand of stoves. I did take in my manual and showed him the layout of the stove. He said that "Englands Stoves" could only be repaired in the factory and I would have to mail it to Canada. LIKE HELL!!! I could buy a new stove cheaper than doing all of that. So, I am researching their website now to look for an auger motor. While I was there I asked him about cleaning the chimney on it. Since the people I bought this house from told me nothing, I'm a total worm when it comes to the pellet stove. We found the brush and the stick to clean it out and then he told me how the chimney pipe should have a clean out and he showed me how it worked. I got home and it did have a cleanout. I took the bottom off and a ton of crap came out. Then I looked at the top vent dealie and it look just flat out nasty. Pellet stove have some gross residue. I got it all cleaned up and then I headed for the shower cause I still had to coach Ashton's game. About half way thru my shower the bathroom door opened and I heard

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" in a rather snotty voice--It was my mom.
"I'm taking a shower. I will be out in a minute." I said in a rather irritated voice.

She shut the door and I finished rinsing out the conditioner from my hair. I get to take one non-rushed shower a week and she totally ruined it. Oh well.

Now as I have a towel on my head and one wrapped around me I walk out into my room, thinking my mother would be in the living room with the boys.....WRONG. She was standing right outside the bathroom door holding a Target bag. She held it out too me and asked "Did I get the right tea kettle?" While trying to keep my towel around my body I looked in the bag and inspected the bottom of the boxed tea kettle and told her yes. She said okay and left. As she walked down the hall she mummered "I don't know why anyone would want to take a shower in the middle of the day." Must of been one of her not so good or nice days.

The game went well, they don't keep score on them either but the teen said it was 18 to 20...we lost but it was a really good game!!!!! We go by my parents to pick up Alec (impossible to watch that beastie and keep him out of trouble and coach a game) my dad answers the door and said my mom has fallen to pieces cause the checks she ordered haven't come in yet. He is not very sympathetic to her moods. So I go find her and she is crying and said that everything she touches goes bad.....I just looked at her and said "Mom, it's been doing that to me for over 3 years....you'll get used to it" She just looked at me weird and I helped her hang up the clothes.

Then my dad came up and said they had no groceries in the house and wanted to know if I could take her to wal-mart cause his back was hurting....this was at 3:45 pm. We drive to wal-mart while the little boys stay with my dad. She got lost 3 times in wal-mart mainly due to all the people and them getting between us. She stood in front of the eggs and just stared. I got my purse and went over there and started talking to her and opening cartons finally found one that didn't have any broken ones and asked her if she thought they looked okay. She just shrugged her shoulders and took them. Did you know that wal-mart carries Grade A eggs and the grocery store carries Grade AA eggs?...... Finally get her home at 6:33 pm and groceries unloaded and then I get to go home and unload my groceries.

This morning my mom called around 10:30 am and said my dad can't get out of bed. Thursday he was having muscle spasms in his neck and went to the chiropractor. Seem to be getting better but this morning it was on the other side of his neck. I got over there, cleared out everything from around his side of the bed and got him to his feet. He could walk but very very slow. He got in the shower and stuff and seemed to be doing better, so I left. About 4 pm ish Alec and I walked over there to take them some cheese cake made from the filling mentioned in the previous post. He was in his recliner and I had to help him up to get him to the table. I honestly think he needs to be moving more instead of just laying there, but he wouldn't listen to me when I tried to tell him. Then I went to take their trash cans to the curb because tomorrow is trash day and I just about killed myself on all the ice in there side yard. So when I went in I told them I was going to get some rock salt at the store and would be right back. Salted the walk way and then my dad's oxygen was on empty so I changed it out and headed home.

As I type Ashton is talking to meth-head on the phone.......I hate it when Ashton is excited to talk to his dad. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I still don't understand why he is so excited to talk to this man that has done what he has done. I of course never say anything to the boys about that.

However, about a week ago Alec said "Can I call the Replacements (cartoon network cartoon) and get a new dad?" I kind of giggled "Cause my dad is far away and that lady he lives with is weird." I literally had to bite my tongue. Ashton didn't say anything he just rolled his eyes....

I'm actually looking forward to the calmness of work!!

Labels: , , , , ,


Anonymous Slick said...

Wow, sounds like your hands were full with your parents. You're doing an awesome job PB.

1/29/2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

My oh my. You've had one crazy week! I hope things get better for you soon!

1/29/2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger drama mama said...

I would totally be pulling my hair out! How do your remain so even tempered and calm. Will you share those drugs with me?

1/31/2007 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home