1/17/2007

NOSE BEAD

I'm working away at work and at 2:15 pm the phone rings. It is the nurse at the boys school. Today is early out and they had been out for about 30 minutes and she said she had Alec in her office with his teacher from "latch key" (after school program). Alec was trying to be cool and stuck a bead up his nose. She said she could see it with a flash light but it was so far up there she was afraid to attempt to get it out. I am trying to hold in my laughter. She was relieved I was laughing and not yelling. Anyway I head that way to get him and we went to immediate care.





So....as we are driving to the doctor I ask him "What were you doing?"

"Well, I was trying to do a magic trick. I put it up there once and it fell out so the next time I stuck it way up there so it wouldn't fall out. I made the bead disappear. But I can't make it reappear, I don't know how. Megan liked my trick"

We get to immediate care and sign in and wait about 45 minutes, Alec is actually being good and playing. We get called back to go to a room and we get the "minor surgery" room and it takes everything in me not to freak out. He is bouncing all over that room waiting for the doctor. Finally he said "It feels like it's gonna fall out" So I have him look up and I can actually see the bead so I have him blow his nose and out it pops just as the doctor walks in. She laughs and checks him out just to be sure.

We head home and for dinner we have.......STAB FOOD!!!!





Chicken, green beans, piorgies from Schwans all eaten with wooden k-bob sticks--NO SILVERWARE ALLOWED.

and for the games last Saturday, they don't keep score till they get to 5th grade but for those who counted Alec's team lost by one basket and Ashton's team lost the score was 22-12. But they had a blast.

How is your week so far???

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Hey...if the girl thought it was a good trick...isn't that all that matters??

You are the coolest mom ever. I still haven't tried "stab food night", but I'm gonna!!

1/18/2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Reese said...

Woah. I can NOT believe you documented it all. You're good! Sorry for the messy day, glad all is well :)

1/18/2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

At least the thing came out, without "surgery". I know someone that stuck a bean up her nose, and she didn't tell her parents because she thought they would get mad. It started to sprout in her nose. Her nose swelled up, and she had to have minor surgery to get it removed.

I think I would have laughed when I got that call too! Glad he was able to at least impress a girl!

1/19/2007 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha...never heard of "stab food". Cute idea.

Trish had a similar experience. Her daughter stuck a dried bean all the way in her ear. It turned out to 1 hundred dollar bean.

Kids. Go figure.

1/22/2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

I can't believe he stuck a bead up his nose.
o_O

How did you get the little stickam thing on your page?

1/22/2007 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home