7/09/2006

and EVEN MORE rain....

Last night we had a huge storm. The weather service report claimed it 's the most rain we have received here in almost 15 years......

I live on the top part of a downward slope, my driveway was a raging river and of course.....who discovered her windows were down on the Santa Fe in the middle of Noah's Ark part 2???? yes me.....

I braved the driveway and got the windows rolled up, but this morning it was major mildew smell.

and I also discovered the below this morning.....




The beautiful catopa tree.....*deep sigh* I think it was from all the wind, although it kinda looks like a lightening split but there are no burn marks anywhere. We cut off the fallen branch and put a "tree splint" on the rest of it. But it was so top heavy, we had to cut off the two big top branches. I hope it makes a recovery..........

How is your weather???

3 Comments:

Blogger peebugg said...

Okay you two....you'll get your humidity soon....unless global warming is increasing at a very rapid rate...

MD-The tree does do better in the South...my dad--who is a Missouri-ian--so almost southern....said that back there they also have Catopa or Catapa worms on the trees back there.....and unless those worms eat snakes...they can stay back there...

7/10/2006 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

7/19/2006 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

4/24/2007 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home