6/25/2006

The Teen

Millions of things have been happening....well okay not millions..but enough to keep me way too busy....

AJ broke up with his girlfriend of 2-3/4 years. In teen time...this is forever. I am Baptist and his girlfriend Niki is Mormon and after about 1.5 years of dating AJ was baptized into the Mormon church.

This went over....well like a fart in church with my parents.....but I made them promise never to critize him on his decision. At the beginning, he learned alot and I could see a real positive influence on him and helped in guiding him in making those teen decisions that we all have screwed up on.

We had our battles over Niki and their "behavior" together. But while we were going thru the "methhead" drama she was a great listener for him and he was also for her. He would talk to her about things that he could not talk to me about at the time.

I think the down fall of their relationship started last summer when she went on a European trip with the German Club from high school. When she came back, she was overly friendly with some guys and that really upset AJ but he dealt with it. Niki tried to get AJ to ditch English class with her. They had 6 of the same classes together and English was right after lunch and she wanted to ditch to go get "high" meaning smoking pot. But, he knew that I check his attendance daily on the internet and would get caught. When we went to Disneyland, she would call him stoned and/or drunk so he turned off his phone and tried to enjoy our trip.

When we got back he confronted her and her issues and told her that if she didn't stop it he was going to break up with her. (One of the few positive things that came out of my marriage to methhead was that AJ saw the horrible side of drugs and alcohol abuse before he saw the "happy" side...as it were) Well she didn't stop and around the first of May, they broke up.

At first they were still friends, but that ended quickly.

She would skip school, go get stoned and drunk. The sad part is that I suggested that he go talk to the youth group leader at the church about it....but his son was one the main people that Niki partied with.

So AJ hasn't been back to church.

Niki keeps calling, yesterday she left a message on our house phone that said "....see what you did to me when you broke up with me. It's your fault I am like this. It's your fault that I'm drunk right now and I just had sex with Hunter!"

She said this on our house voice mail!!!!!

Anyway there is my weekend vent.

HOW IS YOUR SUMMER GOING????

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Here's our new thing. Clinton had an interview with the Bishop yesterday and told him he didn't believe in not only the Church, but God in general.

Yes...a lovely day at our house.

6/26/2006 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading this I had to come up for air. BJ just learned to tie his shoes. I know this isnt as entertaining to others, but it means the world to him.

6/27/2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home