12/08/2005

What Santa Clause Traditions do you have???


Growing up, my parents weren't too creative. I would, and still do, put out cookies and milk for Santa. One year I put out cheese, crackers and summer sausage (I think, I do know it was meat from a Hickory Farms pack we had) --I caught my dad sampling those before I went to bed. Anyway, so we had the snack thing. Always left a letter for Santa, my mom didn't want to waste the postage in mailing it. I only had my picture taken with Santa till I was about 5 then that stopped. At least until I was 16 and went to Durango--the Santa in the mall was drunk and a flirt. So me and my friend Sheryle had to sit on his lap. When we stood up he tried to spank us.


As for my kids---They write letters the Friday after Thanksgiving and I address them to Santa at the North Pole and we go to the post office and mail them. They also keep a running list and live a letter with the cookies. We go every year, at least 3 times, to sit on Santa's lap. Usually only take pictures once. This year is the first time we have had an actual fire place, so I am going to move the TV out from in front of it so Santa can come in.



When talking to people--their parents would leave soot boot prints around the tree!! How cool, I can't wait to try that this year. Or have a male friend call in and be Santa on the phone and talk to the kids. Such cool ideas!!!!!

What are your Santa traditions????

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

When I was young my Dad would write a letter from Santa and leave it next to the empty plate of cookies. One Christmas my sister and I both had chickenpox and he mentioned seeing our chickenpox marks. That kind of freaked us out though because then we thought that some guy had been creeping around our bedroom watching us sleep. Ha!

The soot marks around the trees sounds like a neat idea.

12/08/2005 12:32 PM  
Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

santa is a little freaky. when i was little i loved him. of course i did i was a little kid.
now i just dont care. i want my presents and then i want to be left alone.
now i dont even want presents. i just want money to buy my own presents.

oh my god! peebugg, it was amazing!!!! it was like....oh my god i cant describe it! it was great!
you need to go to a concert. honestly! i've never met a person who hasnt been to a concert!
but at the show i had regular hair. and i changed my email to can_you_steak_my_heart@yahoo.com and yes i can see the fact that i types "steak" as in the meat. thats because "stake" was taken.
so it's irony i guess. im a vegetarian, as of yesterday it's been one year since a piece of meat has passed my lips. i did it!

12/08/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Growing up, we always opened presents on Christmas Eve, rather than Christmas morning. After dinner, us kids & my dad would take the dog(s) for a good long walk around the neighborhood. Most of the time, we'd see Santa's sleigh (actually, just Rudolf's blinking nose) flying around in the sky. And when we got back home, all the presents were there under the tree. We never really seemed to question why mom didn't go walking with us lol.

Phil
http://nomadechoes.blogdrive.com

12/08/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I take the kids, well, the young one to sit on santa's lap and ask him for what they want. Then, on Christmas Eve, we leave cookies and coke for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. This Santa likes coke so much better. Santa always leaves a letter sitting by the empty plate.

One year, when Clinton was really little, he asked Santa for a dump truck. I could not find one anywhere, so I talked him into wanting skates. We had to make a quick call to the North Pole to change our request.

12/08/2005 3:31 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

I'm here via Wendy!

I jsut posted about a Santa tradition on my own blog! It was on Tuesday, you'll have to scroll a wee bit!

Merry Christmas!

12/08/2005 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was young, Santa got milk & cookies. Now that I'm Santa - he gets Scotch or Gin.

Our family tradition - every year we do a puzzle. If it's not done by Xmas night, no one leaves till it is.

12/09/2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger Chasing The Moon said...

Last year my two sons and I went next door to the neighbors house. Along with their son we all climbed up on the roof and spread out hay for the reindeer. They had a blast! (Yeah, odds are it was because they got to climb on someones roof more then putting down the hay). After they had gone to bed a couple of buzzin' parents climed back up on the room, took away most of the hay and left goat tirds on the roof! In the morning the boys were screaming in delight (once again probably had nothing to do with the hay but that crap was on the roof!) And we wonder how our kids don't grow up warped totally whacked! LOL.......

12/09/2005 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home