12/04/2005

CHCHCHCHanges

Friday I was lucky enough to go thru some 5S training at work. I don't know what the 5 s's stand for, but it is a lean manufacturing thing--basically to streamline the operation.

I have been thru these type meetings before, where you map out the process and then try to improve it. The difference this time was that everyone was attempting to be considerate of other's feelings. Admirable, but this is business--feelings don't exist. So the meeting took longer than planned because we had to work around "feelings".

I mean if I am screwing up, tell me and I will try to fix it. If I don't know it's "my fault" then how will I know that I am the one that is supposed to fix it???

Anyway, I have implemented some streamlining in my own life. I put our household back on a budget. I figured Christmas time was the best time to do this. If I can stay on it at Christmas, the rest of the year should be a piece of cake.

I have planned out meals a week in advance (before going grocery shopping), did a quick inventory of the food supply and made a shopping list. I stayed to my shopping list except for Alec's toy. But he was being really good. I only went $3.00 over my grocery shopping allotted budget. Not bad for a first timer.

So, I have been positively influenced by a work meeting. I wonder how long the excitement will last??

3 Comments:

Blogger ~M~ said...

http://www.pennywisejournal.com/ Check out this blog. It's a blogger friend of mine who is starting a debt crash diet. She has some good tips and you can subscribe to her newsletter too! Let her know I sent you.

12/05/2005 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP suzuki intruders club modafinil florida medicaid Review 1999 oldsmobile intrigue gls modafinil online mexico Rate my blowjobs Download macromedia flash player 6 for ppc hummer video

3/02/2007 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Foods and supplements car alarms uk car gps systems Korean american scholarship

3/05/2007 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home