11/17/2005

And the Rush Begins!!!!

Yep, it's the holiday season---the rush has started.

Alec's daycare is having a "feast" tomorrow. I was signed up to bring carrot and celery sticks, but no one would sign up to bring turkey. So I signed up for both spots and I cooked two turkey breasts today. Just the breasts...never done that before. They aren't bad, I of course had to sample them as I was slicing them up. But I think it is moister (I hate the word moist) with the whole turkey. Then, we are having a "feast" at work. I am taking guacamole. Dipping turkey in it is surprisingly good.

So I had to go to Safeway and get the fixin's. 8 avocados at 2 for $3, sour cream, garlic, salsa, green chili, two turkey breasts, and a gallon of white and a gallon of chocolate milk $75.00....wow....expensive. The most costly thing was the turkey breasts then the avocados.

Go home after the store and put the turkeys in to bake and then head back to work. AJ turned off the oven when he got home from school so it worked out pretty well. Now I just have to get it all to the right place tomorrow.

I think I will go dip some more turkey....yummmmm

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Sounds yummy! They make good California Turkey Sandwiches with Guac. I'll have to try and dip next time. I got avocados for 50 cents at the veg market the other day. Made a huge tasty bowl of Guac too!

11/17/2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger mama said...

Don't think I have had guacamole - at least not on turkey. Is it the green stuf the mexican restaurants give you with your nachos? I would give anything to have a 75$ grocery bill! Here I am lucky if its under 500$ every two weeks. Here in town we pay $6.10 for a four litre of milk (1 gallon I think). My friends are living in Old Crow and they pay over $16.00 for a 4 litre - needless to say they drink the powdered stuff! Anyway, hope your feasts turned out tasty!

11/18/2005 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home