8/15/2005

Trust Issues

Due to my past experiences, I have issues with trust and/or believing in people. I have been scammed so many times it makes me feel like an idiot.

How can you meet new people if you trust no one?? I am not a good faker or emotion, so putting on a game face just doesn't work for me. I suppose a good way is to be in a moral environment, but even then there are frauds. How can you tell who is real and who is playing "the game"?

I used to trust people until they proved me wrong, but that just isn't possible anymore. I try to take people at face value and let them earn my trust but then I feel like I am not being honest and upfront with them so why should they be that way with me.

I am thankful for the handful of friends I do have and they are very precious to me, but it is not easy living day to day with this fear.

That's what it is--it's fear. Is there a way to get past this???

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Unfortunatly, a game face is a necessity. Just relax and don't worry about it so much. Talk to people in a fun, casual way. Don't let them in too quickly. You don't have to share everything all at once. After a bit, you'll know if you can trust them to tell them more, then open up just a little.

And...don't kiss on a first date! LOL

8/16/2005 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! 2005 mazda rx-8 reviews compare mattress prices Girls gone wild party with lesbians developing affiliate programs Identify features of learning management systems Bulk used maternity clothes Floor mats nissan maxima 2000 Illinois pilates Dental coding services Simmons and simmons solicitors london rca lyra mp3 players downloads Feather adult video Tingling in arms and feet and acyclovir

2/06/2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home