8/07/2005

Make Mine White Chocolate Please!!

Alec, now 4, has had an addiction to chocolate milk for about 2.5 years now. That's over half his life. It stared when my husband and I split up. I gave him chocolate Ovalteen, at least it had vitamins and stuff in it. But when we moved out of my parents house, that was too expensive. He was going through 3 cans a week and they were $5.00 a can and that doesn't count the milk. I switched to NesQuik liquid and that was better. On Friday's I would buy the premixed chocolate milk at the store as a treat for the boys.

I am glad for all the milk drinking, but I was getting concerned about all the sugar. I consulted my teenager and asked for his input. He came up with a brilliant idea, he must get that from me!!!

At dinner, he poured everyone milk and Alec screamed "chocolate" and put a spoon in his own milk and stirred it up and said "Mine is white chocolate, way better than brown chocolate"

Ashton played along and then Alec grabbed his spoon and stirred his milk, tasted it and said "yummy" and drank 2 glasses of it.

So now when he wants milk, he asks for white chocolate.

At times, teenagers can be cool. Just don't tell them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

BRILLIANT!!!!

8/07/2005 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an awesome idea!!! I will have to remember that to try on my nephew who only seems to drink chocolate milk and not white.

8/09/2005 1:34 AM  
Blogger mama said...

Thats me ^ - I hit the wrong button - again!

8/09/2005 1:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love that story! yay, Ashton!

8/09/2005 7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Pinellas promotion site web acura dvd nav update disc v 211c Honda dealerships colorado Rogo baseball gloves Trv15 handycam Upstate ny hiking Asian cup

3/01/2007 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home