5/02/2005

7 year old Complications

On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 6:35 am my 7 year old decided to run away.

Sydney, the new puppy, was whining at the door and I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. So I called for Ashton to let her out. I got no answer, so I looked in his room--no Ashton. I looked in my room--no Ashton. I looked in the kitchen--no Ashton. I headed for the back door where the puppy was whining and I see Ashton on his bike, with his backpack and heading down the drive way. I open the door and shout...

"Hey, where are you going?" He just put his head down and turned around and parked his bike. I got him inside and asked him what he was doing. He said he was running away. I asked why and he said cause he never gets to have any fun and he was going to have fun. Oh My Gosh!!!!

Luckily it was his counseling appointment that night and she got to talk to him about it. He said that there were too many rules and he never gets to have fun at home. When she told me this it broke my heart. Then he asked to get a pet rubber snake. We made a deal that he could get one but he couldn't tease or scare anyone with it. He agreed. For 3 days we searched the town, NO RUBBER SNAKES!!! I couldn't believe it.

Well, we went to Petco Saturday night to get puppy food .....and he saw a Petco employee handling the snakes and explaining them to a lady. And Ashton was amazed. And yes...you guessed it....We now have a snake. A baby Albino Corn Snake.

Monday morning, Ashton woke up in a wonderful mood like he used too. He ate breakfast, combed his hair and brushed his teeth with no nagging. It was amazing...

Men....go figure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home