5/23/2006

Girl in the 70's

Drama Mama e-mailed this to me.......I wasn't even "in" when I was younger....*sigh*



You had that Fisher Price Doctor 's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

nope...didn't have it

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.


nope...had a blue schwin, no basket.



You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.

Yes!!! They were white with blue and red stripes and I had a matching skating outfit that consisted of a white leotard with red/white/blue stripes down the inner arm and down the side and of course I had the matching skirt!!!



You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!)

Damn....and I thought I was the only one.......


You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

Nope....I liked Fantasy Island...I wanted to be one of the dancers


You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.

No rubber boots...my mom said they were a waist of money. I did have moonboots in 4th grade!!!!


You owned "Klick-Klacks" and smacked yourself in the face more than once.

No....but I did smash the heck out of my fingers once with a friends set.


You had either a "bowl cut" or "pixie" not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". People sometimes thought you were a boy.

Had the pixie and the DH and I even used "Short and Sassy" shampoo that DH was the spokes person for!!!!


Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

Had nothing Holly Hobbie. My mom said she wasn't cute.


You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

No poncho but I did have gauchos and knickers....


You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

No, but I got one.


You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits. (I had a chrissy doll who's hair grew)

No Donnie and Marie dolls. I did play Donnie and Marie with Rusty Anderson when he was at his grandparents house. We would skate around and pretend we them on their show.


You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.

Nope....no swing set....ever.....

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

Nope....my mom has never had any artistic ability....


You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).

Yep, bought them at Farmington Drug with Kelli McBride...

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls-Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!

UUUmmmm....NOPE!!! But I did think Nellie was quite the witch!!!


You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink.

No, and have never kissed anyone at a roller rink either....

Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" or "feathers" and you kept it "pretty" with the comb you kept in your back pocket.

Feathered....and I had a blue/pink/purple swirly comb...thank you very much


~ When you walked, the "wings" flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna "take off"

No, I smushed it down and sealed it with hairspray....hate big poofy hair


You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

I had all the dolls and even Apple Dumplin', the strawberry carrying case and the canister set!!! My mom thought they were "precious" so I got to get those...

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic. With the thermos inside! (mine was Peanuts and Snoopy)

Nope...I had a geeky "purse" lunchbox that had sea creatures on it....

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

Nope...they liked Rob Lowe and Scott Baio...so I had Bo Duke all to myself!!!

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!

Nope....

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

Nope...I didn't even see "The Sound of Music" until my Jr. year when Drama Mama made a big deal out of me never seeing it before...

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: "Who will I marry.
Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett or David Cassidy..?"

Nope....

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Fame soundtrack record album.

Nope...mom didn't like music....didn't have a record player till my Sophmore year...


You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

did the potholders...


You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!

nope...didn't get to do shrinky dinks and parents hate cats!!!


You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.

Nope....music thing again...but once I did get a stereo...I could record the radio "inner stereo"


You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

Nope....

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books (Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.)

Never read Judy Blume....

You thought Olivia Newton John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.

It's Not???


You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

Yep!!!!


You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

Well of course...I even had a make shift dancer costume!!!

You owned a "Slip-n-Slide",on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once.

Nope...never had a slip-n-slide

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first "real" perfume you ever owned .. .
Yes....

~ you glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip gloss till it almost dripped off.

Nope...WATERMELON

3 Comments:

Blogger Šørën Kïêrkêgåårð said...

sounds like you were quite the outsider.
it's okay. i was never with the in crowd either.
i could never figure out why some tings were popular.

you know whats "in" now?
cowboy boots.

5/23/2006 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

2/16/2007 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work closed rhinoplasty delivery jeep dealer Quick time player download for pda Order discount acyclovir online Advisor american complaint express financial Greg stillman drummer ca david vitaline vitamins Effexor rx withdrawals Zoloft no perscription needed Velvet touch hair remover weight loss buy didrex

4/23/2007 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home