2/12/2006

The Princess and The Marine

( On the left is the real couple on the right is the couple that portrayed them in the movie)
MOVIE REVIEW!!!!
I watched this last night on Lifetime (I think). I can't ever get enough love stories....funny, sad or whatever.
Very cool story of a young marine stationed on an island that is very close to Saudi Arabia called Bahrain. She is a princess and muslim. He was a marine with 2 chevrons...(forgot the actual rank name...sorry) and Mormon. So there is not only culture issues but also religion.
They meet at a mall and see each other "secretly" and fall in love. One day like 8 months later, he kisses her and of course her country's secret police happen to be watching and tell her mother. Her mother pretty much dis-owns her and makes her life horrible. It's a muslim practice that a woman is not to be touched by any man except her husband. So now in her mother's eyes...she is ruined. Made her have examinations to make sure she was still a virgin the whole deal. (eewww....)
I loved the part where they (as a couple) are in Las Vegas his mom said "get some rest, tomorrow is a big day." He said "No ma'am, it's my honeymoon and I don't know when I will get to see her again." It was sweet and respectful and to the point....very cool....and his mom didn't freak out. (very cool)
I really liked the movie.
at the end it told when she got her citizenship.
and then the last note was that they filed for divorce 1 day after their 5th anniversary...
That ruined the whole movie.......
There is way more to the movie...so if you get a chance to watch it....it's worth the time.
So I am baking cookies for school, daycare, work and home..and watching love movies....
I know you're jealous

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I saw that awhile back. I liked it too. Missed the part about the divorce.

2/14/2006 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Home drugs

3/06/2007 4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

4/23/2007 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home