2/06/2006

Desperate Times

My friend Lisa has almost driven me to drink!!

She has been calling me every day several times a day!! I don't even talk to my mom that much....Anyway she calls me at work and would talk for 20+ minutes and sometimes would call me a couple times a day at work. Then she would call me at home and do the same thing--even with my kids screaming in the background--she would just keep on talking about herself and her ex boyfriend and all of the crap that goes along with it. I told her my mom fell and she just paused and stared a new subject around her. She has even came to my work, bursted into my office and just disrupted everything to talk about her. This action made me horribly uncomfortable due to the inconsiderateness (is that a word) towards my boss with whom I share an office with.

She left a message for me on my home phone Friday around 4:45 pm, I finally called her back around 7:30pm or so--I had been busy fixing the escape spots on Sydney's pen. Anyway, I ask her "what's up?" and she said.."I noticed you went to lunch today!" (I don't normally go to lunch) and I actually caught myself explaining to her what I did!!! What the heck---is she stalking me??? spying on me????? is she bi?? (yes that thought came to mind).

So after I got off the phone with her, I decided this crap needs to stop. I had to teach a Microsoft class on Saturday and when I got home her number was on my caller ID 19 times--in 9 hours. She had left 7 messages. "I haven't heard from you today"--"I wanted to tell you the latest news"--"When you call me back I will tell you what funny thing I did"......blah-blah-blah.

I didn't return any of her calls and I didn't answer the other 7 on Saturday night or the 21 on Sunday. It is ridiculous. We have never been that close. I mean like once a month phone call and joke e-mail exchange--nothing really serious. Even when I was going thru meth man hell I did minimal venting in her direction.

I sent her an e-mail from my work address stating that I could not receive personal phone call, visits or deliveries at work any longer. She still called this afternoon. I bribed biker chick with a vanilla diet Coke to tell her I was in a meeting today.

It's a very creepy feeling--almost like she is trying to control me.

Creepy Creepy Creepy

I am not sure what to do except keep avoiding her and hope she will get the hint. I don't want to hurt her feelings...but at the same time I don't feel comfortable with what she is doing. It's that uncomfortable feeling that almost makes me think she might swing both ways. Which is fine for some people......but not for me.

I'm a one way kinda girl...and my heart is still up in Durango!!

5 Comments:

Blogger peebugg said...

It just keeps getting better. About 45 minutes after I posted this....she shows up at my work. Just walks right into my office and goes to my desk drawer to get candy out. Which I don't mind sharing...but even the people who work there ask...and the company buys the candy...so it's not there for her pleasure...it's an employee bene.... anyway, she questions me on what I have been doing. Then what are all those envelopes on my file cabinet and then she starts to open one!! They are 401(k) statements so I quickly took it from her. Then the lock smith comes in...we are re-keying our business. She questions me on that. and when the lock smith starts talking to me...she took over and answered for me....and totally ignoring my boss who was in the room.

If she calls tomorrow...I am just going to have to tell her she can't call and come by anymore. I can't risk my job for her selfishness...

I need advil and hot tea....anyone?

2/06/2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Oh man, that would totally freak me out! It would make me want to move to another town.

Good luck when she calls again. Stand firm, be tough! Easy for me to say, huh? Keep us posted.

2/06/2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Sometimes you gota be cruel to be kind.

Just confront her and tell her what you are thinking, and be done with it. It probably will not stop on its own. Best to shoot the monster and let it bleed than pour steak sauce all over your self and tie yourself to a post.

I dont know what that means, but there you are.

2/07/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Yeah...what dave said...whatever that was! LOL

Seriously...you need to establish some boundries with her. Brick wall boundries!

2/07/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger peebugg said...

Dave:

I think you watched have "Clash of the Titans" too many times.

2/07/2006 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home