10/10/2005

Brief Look At The Depths of Motherhood

How do moms keep going??? I mean I have gone without sleep for 3 days, due to a sick child, how do we do these things?? Who knows, but I do know that Starbucks helps a lot!!!!

Is it worry? Is it a sense of duty? What is that drive? Maybe all of the above. I guess it depends on how strong willed you are. Personally, I am as stubborn as a mule so my drive is pretty strong. When I have a siren on my head....stand back.

And how come some moms have it and some moms don't?? Are they born with it or is it taught? I think it is both. You are born with the ability to care, but then you need to be taught to recognize this ability and how to use it.

I don't understand meth-moms and what they do to their unborn babies and/or the children they have. I do understand that meth is addictive, but how could it be more powerful than the love for a child, their own child?? I know I would do anything for my children. I have and still will done with out or found some way to give them what they need. They don't have everything they want, but they do not do without.

When I was about 12 I joined the Masonic organization called "The International Order of Rainbow for Girls". It's overall purpose was to teach young girls how to live right and give them some social skills. I memorized all kinds of lectures and didn't learn much from them at the time. But now that I am older, I see where their lessons have affected my life, instilled subconscious morals or a sense of goodness. Church can do the same thing. For some reason "Rainbow" had a greater impact on my life.

Anyway, where I am going with this little blurb, there was a lecture called "The Rose Lecture". It was a tribute to mother's. I gave this lecture once and I had an teary audience, I didn't understand why they were so emotional. That is until I had a child of my own, and when I had Alec and had problems, I really understood it.

One part of it goes ".......In time, your mother placed her hand in God's and walked along the still waters of death to give you life...." Okay...I'm tearing up just writing it.

I have heard that some women are born to be mothers and some are not. It just seems that a lot of those who aren't keep having kids they don't want. (I don't want to get into the politics of this situation.) I just don't see how they can look at that precious gift and neglect it.

Children are such a miracle and a joy, I thank God every day for mine. Even when they are screaming in my ear and jumping in the middle of my stomach.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, the complexities of motherhood...maybe they aren't meant to be understood. Those who "get it," just do. Those who don't, don't know they're missing something. Nice site.

10/10/2005 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

".......In time, your mother placed her hand in God's and walked along the still waters of death to give you life...."

That line just gave me a chill- wow that's deep!

10/10/2005 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home