7/30/2005

The Proverbial Junk Drawer

I made a promise to myself that when we moved into this new house...THERE WOULD BE NO JUNK DRAWER IN THE KITCHEN!!!!

We started to move in on the 13th, and of course I couldn't find anything the first week. Then I had the house semi together and I still couldn't find anything. I noticed this morning that the microwave was becoming a great place to stack things. Super glue, scissors, scotch tape, zip ties, batteries the box tops for education that we save...etc. I couldn't see the top of the microwave and I couldn't find the duct tape.

So after 2 weeks of finding nothing, I broke my promise and made a junk drawer...all is good in the Land of Oz again. I know where my scissors are and I can see the top of my microwave...GO TEAM!!!!

Everyone I have ever asked as a junk drawer!!! Why do we need these??? Is it because we have too much stuff or is it cause we are too lazy to walk out to the garage to get and put up stuff????

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Hanks said...

Hey....I started a junk drawer the first day we moved in! Where else would I put all of that stuff that has no other home?? Batteries, screwdrivers, screws and nails, tape...etc...

7/31/2005 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home