3/11/2005

EX2: Child Support -- lack of

Today I am venting about the New Mexico Child Support Enforcement Division and my EX2.

In May of 2003, we went to domestic violence court, (if you have never been to one of these, it has more drama than a soap opera) and the court order him to pay $750.00 child support for both boys. We both agreed and signed the form and left. Well, when May 23, 2003 came around (due date for the first support payment) he gave me $300.00 and said he would give me the rest in 2 weeks and then pay me every two weeks there after. I said okay and wrote him his receipt.

I received the next and last support payment of $ 300.00 on September 12, 2003.

In March, 2004 our divorce was final and the judge awarded me $1, 114.00 per month child support based on my ex-husbands wages. I have yet to receive any monies. I went to NM Child Support Enforcement Division and filled out my paperwork and handed them all the legal documents that they could possible need. They set up my case and attempted to collect. Everything I would tell them where he was working, it would take them about 3 weeks to send out a verification letter. Not a wage withholding letter, but just a verification. Then, the employer was allowed 45 days in which to answer. Well, by the time they answered and the state got it processed, he had quit or been fired.

Now EX2 is on unemployment. I called NMCSED on January 11, 2005 and told them that he was on it. They finally sent out a letter on January 24, 2005 to verify this and of course NMED has 45 days in which to respond. Well, their 45 days was up on March 10, 2005 so I called today to get the progress report. No answer but NMCSED did send another letter on February 23, 2005 and now the Dept of Labor has another 45 days in which to answer.

Meanwhile, my EX2 is collecting $395.00 per week unemployment, not working, not paying child support, on probation for many crimes and just finished another trial in which he took a plea for up to 4.5 years in prison. So, he is costing me money from my taxes to pay for all this crap and he is not paying childsupport. I am a bit bitchy and I apologize, but it really irritates me.

I don't really understand why they don't check for owed child support before issuing unemployment. It's all the same government and to be honest they are both in the same building.

deep sigh -- I guess it's a good thing that I don't depend on the money or I would be in huge trouble.

Toodle Pip

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NMCSED is the worst state agency I have ever dealt with. The case workers are extreamly lazy, and at the call center they don't even know why you are calling them. Like you called a date-line or some kind of freakin hot-line... New Mexico is the worst at collecting child support from non-custodial parents. They have more rights then the custodial parents. My ex owes me and the children(4 of them) 28.000 bucks, he is now attempting to reduce his shi**y 600.00 a month payment(monthly obligation is 1400.00) to 370.00, thats the figure the case worker in Roswell came up with... Who the hell are these people working for anyway? I am not on welfare, I guess that is the reason they are not concerned about the arrears at all. It is all a joke...
New Mexico Child Support Enforcement,SUCKS, Maybe somebody should tell our wonderful Gov. Mr. Richardson that there is a glich in one of his cabinets...

9/25/2006 2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

4/23/2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home