Southwest Airlines--Survived!!!

Yes, my parents made it safely and without incident to Houston Hobby.

We left the exciting puddle known as Farmington, NM at 6:30 am. 1/2 way down their street my mom tried to get me to go back and turn down the thermostat!! I told her I would turn it down when I got back to town. Then we had to stop by the post office to mail some bills she didn't mail the day before....finally we got to the highway!!

My dad was asleep in the back seat before we even got to the highway.

As we approached Albuquerque, the Balloon Fiesta was in full swing so we did get some entertainment. I tried to take a picture for you guys but for some reason my mother isn't very understand with me taking pictures while driving and going 70 mph...I just don't get it, but I appeased her and put the camera up.

Why isn't there a condom hot air balloon????

We got to the airport parking lot at 10:00 am. Traffic was thick due to the fiesta so it is good that their flight wasn't scheduled to leave till 12:30 pm. Got to the ticket counter after two flights of escalators and got their boarding passes and my pass to go to the gate with them. Their suitcase was 48 lbs and the limit was 50lbs...they cut it pretty close there......

Got to security and did the ID thing with the first guard. Then it was to the puffer machine line where we had to take off our shoes. My dad just about freaked, but he complied. Have you guys ever been in one of those puffer machines??? They are too funny. And even funnier when your mom gets a funny look on her face and tried to hold down her skirt. My dad jumped. I was cracking up.

Got thru that line and they had to do the explosive test on my dad's sleep apnea equipment. That took a while but the guard was pretty cool and got done before my dad got his shoes back on and my mom got all of her jewelry on and properly situated.

We got extremely lucky that there wasn't a line at security. We were thru by 11 am. As we were leaving security---there were about 100 people lined up there was only about 20 when we got in line.

We got to the gate and my mom told me she hadn't eaten yet.....I gave her "the look" and told them both to sit down and I would go find something. I got her sweet bread and a Carmel latte and my dad a cup of fresh fruit. He didn't want anything to drink cause he didn't want to have to go to the "potty" on the airplane. You know you can really embarrass your parents if you ask them if they need to "go potty" in public!!! You should try it!!

While waiting for the plane which ended up being 15 minutes, I got them pre-board status and then told the flight attendant that my dad would need a wheel chair in HOU so that way someone would take them to the baggage claim since my dearest sister-in-law couldn't meet them at the gate. My dad said he didn't need a wheel chair. I told him he could get in the chair without a hassle or I would kick him in the chin right before boarding and then he really would need one!!! He just smiled and agreed to play nice. I also had the job of "comic relief" to ease the stress. This job is incredibly easy in an airport. There are a ton of people to laugh at!!! My dad tried to pretend he didn't know me and my mom!!! Poor guy.

Finally, they boarded.

I left and called my sister-in-law and let them know they would be 15 minutes late due to late arrival.

They were in Houston and eating before I even got home....They survived!!!!

and amazing enough...so did the Airline!!!!

How's your weekend???


Blogger Aiden Witmore said...

Yay they made it!

You like the layout for real?
I've been getting a lot of compliments on it.

Horses can't lay down because their legs are so thin. If they lay down for too long they can't get back up and their legs break from their weight.
If they lay down they are sick, dying, or dead.
Which is a sad life.

10/08/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger drama mama said...

I'm glad they made it safe. I hope they have a good time and aren't too bored.

10/08/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Dubs said...

I am oh so glad they are ok. I'm glad they made it safe!!!! YAH!

And my weekend was awesome!

10/09/2006 4:32 AM  
Blogger Mindless Dribbler said...

Glad they made it back safe and sound....it seems like you (and us) got a few laughs at their expense. Tell'em thanks! ;)

10/09/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Busy! we had my mom and stepdad over for a late dinner on Saturday- I made bruschetta and it was awesome if I do say so myself. I also did laundry (so much fun) and we did some shopping. (FOOD not FUN) lOL.

10/09/2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home