2/19/2006

Riddle Me This......


There is a saying that "You can never go back home..." meaning when you go back, it will never be the way you left it and you weren't the same as when you left.

What about rekindling an old flame????
I mean couples break up and some get back together....but if the break up or ceasing of the relationships happens...can you ever go back??
In my adult life, this has only happened once so far, in total I moved out or away from meth man a total of 17 times.....moved back 16. And honestly, I never should of moved back after the first move out....but if I hadn't I wouldn't have the two little beasts that keep me going and are a big part of my heart. So there I am guess that I was supposed to move back...it just wasn't the fairy tale ending I so much desire.
But what about a teenage romance and many years later getting back together. You have both grown up, made mistakes and learned from them......so it's not really like trying to go back to your teenage years....it's almost like meeting someone new all over again--it's just easier.
Is it possible????
Give me your thoughts, your ideas--I need massive amounts of input!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I think you said it yourself. You're not going back, you're dealing with someone completely different--you've just got something in common (the past). It's very much like the "going home" saying. If you're looking for the relationship to be just like it was back then, you're going to be disappointed and it won't work out. But if you recognize that this is a different person, and that the relationship will be different, then it may or may not work (just like any other relationship).

2/19/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Erica Hanks said...

My thought is.....who is this old flame and why are you holding out on me?????

Go for it...but take it slow. Unless his last name is Bowman...then...RUN! LOL

2/19/2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

It is absolutely possible. If that person is still around, and is available, you are the only one stopping you.

As DramaMama said, take it slow. Allow yourself to relax and not get caught up in the "Does he love me" whirlwind. If that happens it will happen naturally... it never works when it is forced.

2/19/2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Chasing The Moon said...

I suppose it all depends on what attracted you to that person in the first place and if it's still there. I 100% believe you can go back, not to what was, but rather to something so much deeper. Sometimes the second time around is so much better because of the maturity, experience and knowledge in knowing what you really want and need from a partner. I've learned that by going back I'm reminded of all the potential and hope in the future that we held so dear when we were younger, that belief that we could be anything or do anything..........

2/19/2006 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home