2/16/2006

I AM ALPHA FEMALE!!!!

I went to the Aztec Animal Shelter (no control) today and found our newest family member. Well we are on our 5 day trial period anyway!!


This is "Handsome"
He is about 18 months old and his mixture from what they can tell is Husky/Rottie/Healer
He is blond and white


He is still getting used to us and we to him. But so far minds better than my kids!!!

I saw him first at the pound while Ashton and AJ were looking at the puppies. They did have some cute puppies, but he caught my eye. There are mainly female animal shelter officers at this facility and they all started calling him "handsome" so that is now his name.

Since the seperation/divorce Ashton has been in counseling and just finished up. He has had a lot of loss in his life. His old way of life/family, his snake that I just couldn't handle anymore and his dad and the disappoint that is there. This is a positive thing for him. He is Ashton's dog, eventhough he hangs out with me more right now.

Alec loves him.

Juan Lopez the sex bean....is not so sure..... Yes that little twurp growled at the big dog. AJ freaked, but Handsome is adapting well and hasn't even chased the cat.

This is my first adoption of an adult dog, so far it's going well.

The Alpa Female part is because Juan is getting jealous of Handsome being close to me. Right now as I am typing, Handsome is laying down by my chair and Juan is up on the step whining. Never had male issues because of me before.....it's rather odd.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Congrats on your new family member! He looks like a keeper!!!

2/17/2006 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

4/23/2007 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home