11/23/2005

Turkey Eve!!!

Yep, it was a long day at work and I left at 3:00 pm..

Went to Safeway to get some milk for the weekend....just one comment....

DO PEOPLE NOT PLAN AHEAD FOR BIG MEALS????
I mean, I can see last minute "forgotten things" but these people were buying frozen turkeys!!!!! I just don't get it the dang store was packed!!! It took me 15 minutes just to get down an aisle to get to the milk. aaaggghhhh.....I thought about stopping in the liquor department and picking up a bottle of something just to deal with the people. But, it was packed too.....
Took 45 minutes to go into the store, get 2 gallons of white milk and one gallon of chocolate milk and check out!!!! CHEESE AND RICE!!
Then my mom called, sounded strange so I went and checked on them. I worry about them. I know they are getting old and stuff...but they are acting weird. I am thinking something is going on they are not telling me. But, I will just have to wait it out I guess.
Left there and went to get the boys at daycare, that wasn't too bad. Actually it was great...there were about 30 kids that came up and gave me hugs. Sometimes I wonder if their parents talk to them, cause they talk non-stop to me. Have cool holiday art the boys did, can't wait to hang it up.
We wished everybody a Happy Thanks Giving and headed home. Got inside and AJ had totally thrashed the house before he went to work. So he is getting extra house duties this weekend.
Found another dead mouse.....but I've got so much to clean up that I will post it with the next pictures of dead creatures.
I agree with Graham (comment from previous mouse post), and I don't like seeing dead mice...but I also don't like sharing my house with them. I live in an area that is famous for Lyme Disease and Hanta Virus. I am not taking any chances...besides they are just nasty.....creepy...and squeaky......eeewwwwww....(shivered)
I rented "ELF" and bought "Polar Express"--Now if I can just get Alec to share the TV with me.
and for Thursday-----
GO BRONCOS!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stargazer said...

LOL Beth; no I don't think some people plan for big meals. I ran out today to get an 'oops I forget the thingy' item, and the store was packed. And as you said, they weren't picking up last minute things. They were doing big time turkey shopping. It's as if some folks woke up this morning and said, "Gee, I'd better go buy something for tomorrow." I wouldn't be able to deal with that kind of last minute shopping; I don't know how they do it.

Have a great holiday!

11/23/2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I always used to think it was pretty stupid of people to wait until Wednesday to buy their Thanksgiving turkey & other things, too. Then a friend of mine who did that explained why (at least, why she did it). She said it was a major hassle, but the plain and simple fact remained that she did not have a place to store a frozen turkey for several days . . . her freezer was packed with other things (holiday & non). I doubt ALL the other folks are in this situation, but several probably are. And there may be some very logical reason the others have.

As for the mice, at this point, you may want to look into those ultrasonic device thingees that are supposed to scare rodents off. Honestly, I don't know if they work, but it seems like the traps aren't having a long term effect . . .

Phil
http://nomadechoes.blogdrive.com

11/24/2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
Images surveillance cameras Flower bouquet quilt http://www.thrifty-car-rental-3.info/smart_car_rental_italy.html Burgundy bathroom cabinet

11/20/2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home